Thomas Hansen, M.D.
Dr. Thomas Hansen provides complete orthopedic care including management of orthopedic injuries, infections and other acute conditions of the upper and lower limbs, while sub-specializing in upper extremity conditions from the shoulder to the fingertip.
- Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon; ABOS Certified, July 2005, Re-certified January 2016. Manages general orthopedic trauma and other acute musculoskeletal conditions of the upper and lower limbs.
- Fellowship Trained Hand and Upper Extremity Surgeon; Treats Acute and Chronic Conditions of Hands/Wrists/Elbow/Shoulder Including Arthroscopy and Joint Replacement
Education and Training
- B.A.; Binghamton University, Binghamton, NY 1993
- M.D.; SUNY Buffalo School of Medicine, Buffalo, NY 1997
- Orthopedic Residency Training Program, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, LA June 2002
- Fellowship in Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery, University of Rochester Medical Center at Strong Memorial Hospital, Rochester, NY 2003
Professional Affiliations and Awards
- Member, AAOS
- SIU Orthopaedic Surgery “Teacher of the Year” 2007-2008
- Medical School: Dean’s List for Outstanding Academic Performance, Years 1 & 2
- College: Elected Member Phi Beta Kappa National Honors Society, Graduated Summa Cum Laude